Friday 24 August 2012

The walled garden of doom.....

Ha... I escaped from it, and not through the use of the usual concoction of drink, drugs, slicing and dicing etc.. but this time with the support of others, a shower, and a dial for delivery pizza! My Mum used to say that everything seemed better with a hot bath and a full tummy, and blow me down she was right. 
Today the South West of England is surrounded by thick, damp, gloomy fog, and is the perfect setting for another awful day, but I am too busy to have one of those. I have the world to change, cushion covers to make, flat to clean.... I am sure the pit or garden of doom will reappear, but will do my utmost not to sink into its willing grasp, there are dragons to slay on a day like today... and I am ready for them. Bring it dragons...

6 comments:

susan said...

Cushion covers, that's a good idea, crafting has helped enormously this past 18 mths, tho my family puzzle a bit amongst the stashes of yarn (I crochet), beads etc. It brings me great joy to make/achieve something beautiful or useful. To give something that I have made is very satisfying and helps too in these financially challenging days in this home (whilst we still can call it that larf). Xxxxxxmas crochet is happening at the moment eeeek nearly September!
I am also starting to clean house again after a long sloppy time of not bothering, very satisfying tho vv hard work (big house vs small person).
luv
Susan x
PS I can send cake, or, or soup or even pastries if choc not possible, *smile*
PPs ooops need to get up and feed cat/dog/FW now (snigger) - kids are great, they feed themselves.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You are more than just surviving those bad days, you are effectively sticking two fingers up and saying 'Today may be crap but you won't ruin tomorrow' If MOMD acts that way I think you need to change your dreams. Give yourself a big hug and a pat on the back. Lxx

Unknown said...

Hey, thank you lovelies, need your praise and comments right now... Dave the rabbit is spreading sawdust across the newly hoovered carpet, and the fog has turned into that rotten vertical rain stuff. Need to up and at it I think, Rome may not have been built in a day, but it wont get started until I put my boots on, sharpen my sword, and get at it.
Susan, it will have to be soup, as I am off carbs right now... post soon on weight gain and medication.
L, I think you are right, in the words of my great grandma, 'if you can't say anything nice.....' x x x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous escape hun. Well done. Isabelle 1, Vodka 0
More hugs. x

Kitchenbunny said...

Nice one! I take (too much) comfort from pizza, and well done. Love Dave the rabbit, btw. Hope the rain cleared. :)

K xx

Lisa L. said...

Yeah good for you!!! You are very inspiring.