Monday 17 September 2012

APOLOGIES.....

In the blog I posted yesterday I made two references to things, people, events which triggered my jumping off the dragon;

"Yup, it happened, and no, I am not going to crucify myself for it. There are things and people in life which, though I admit should not impact on me, do"

"I phoned the help line, and I think the nurse who answered was angrier about the situation which sent me back to the bottle than I was... apparently I was right, it was unacceptable, and I was right to do what I did; that is apart from losing the battle with the vodka dragon."

My actions resulting from the event etc were mine and mine alone..... yes, people and their behaviours can be upsetting, but the choice we make, the actions we take, and the consequences of those are ours, and ours alone. My Dad used to say that the best way to deal with a difficult situation was not to be in one in the first place....hear hear...!

It is infact no one elses fault, no events fault and nothings fault that I reverted to drinking vodka.....it was my own choice, I did it, and there is no fault, blame etc, none of that rubbish at all. I hope that is clear!

Hey, look at me taking responsibility for me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha.... just spotted my own typo, I didn't jump off the 'dragon', I jumped off the wagon! Think that'll be a freudian slip...