Tuesday 18 September 2012

Uplifting moment......

just got in from an exhausting day.... up and down the A38 in Tallulah the truck, trying to sort things out...(new therapy, Union Rep', food boring shopping).  I had thought my neighbour who I had shown the psychotic guinea pigs, rabbits and mice to, was keeping away from me. I felt very embarrassed and humiliated by what happened that day (refer back to post Psychosis), and knew that it must have been very difficult and probably quite scary for her. But bless her, at the end of my very gruelling day,as she was walking back into the building where our flats are, she stopped and asked if I was ok, I responded that I was feeling much better, she then said that she had been worried about me, as I looked so ill, and she was glad to see me better. How kind, and so not what I was expecting....self stigmatisation, obviously worse than outside discrimination... derrr, I am a bear of very little brain.

On a less uplifting thought, the article which was published in the Plymouth Evening Herald has recieved comments to which my last published retort was,

"Well, I think you have covered every area of bigotry, lack of knowledge, judgement and stigma in your comments. I am disappointed, yet not surprised by it; I think mental illness is one of the last hidden discriminations in our society,  yup the one we call humanity…. "
It is maddening, frustrating and cross making to have had comments which suggested that I must have broken the law, that I should be given a strait jacket and soft helmet to stop myself from hurting myself..... that people like me shouldn't allowed out in public.....etc.

However, have a real biggy meeting tomorrow, so I am going to go and chill out forget the losers who are, as I said bigots etc, and get ready to change the world, one day at a time, and one post at a time.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, feeling fierce and ferocious!
Much love x


No comments: