Saturday 1 September 2012

Rent day.....

oh my goodness, landlord due round at lunchtime.  Realisation that flat is a bit grim due to having spent week being busy doing other things than housework, and recovering from being bit poorly. Frantically wash down kitchen sides, cupboard fronts and mop floor. Still if I move everything which is on the surfaces, coffee table, dining table, sofa etc, and spray polish in the air, maybe I can remove attention from the fact the carpet needs hoovering in the sitting room, after attempt, decide not, and hoover with gusto, managing to knock over beautiful vase of roses MOMD gave me yesterday...huh, this is not going well. Decide to hide most of everything scattered around, under quilt on bed, after all he wont be going into bedroom, but massive lump on bed looks suspicious, so decide to brave it and just clean the blasted flat properly. But prevarication prevails so have shower, organise books into own dewy decimal  order, ie, colour, smell etc.... take Dave out for morning walk round yard.... decide to make gorgeous gravy to have with faggots for dinner (see Froogs recipes)... thus right now flat looks like a culinary operation has exploded, flour all over surfaces and kitchen floor, onion pieces scattered across floor, Dave has kicked his litter tray in the kitchen across the sitting room floor, and things are at best chaotic, at worst, I will take this months rent and book myself into a nice B&B and not deal with it at all. Just hide....
Feeling bit low, schools back on Monday, and realisation that I wont be going back to work... loved teaching with a passion. But onward and upwards, I will find something to keep me busy... right, off back to housework!
Much love x

No comments: